IMPORTANT BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
Superintendent Dr. Larry Derico has announced a revised plan for opening Thomaston-Upson Schools for the 2020-21 school year. This plan was finalized and presented to the Board of Education after the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) notified the school system that COVID-19 community spread, as defined by DPH, has moved from “moderate” to “substantial” for District 4. District 4 includes Upson County and 11 surrounding counties.
According to the Thomaston-Upson revised plan:
• Students will return to school on August 17.
• Teachers will return to work as scheduled on July 28.
• All other T-U staff will return to work according to the original schedule.
• Pre-planning days will be utilized for professional development that will include training and preparation for remote, distance, and face-to-face learning.
• Parents will receive one final opportunity to sign up their students for remote learning. *Please note that the deadline for signing the agreement is July 29, 2020. There will be no extensions to this deadline due to the schools needing sufficient time for the preparation of remote learning. Once signed, the remote learning agreement is binding through the first 9-weeks for grades K-8 and through the first semester for grades 9-12.
• School meals will be available to all remote learning students.
• Face-to-face instruction will continue at all T-U schools unless closure is mandated or recommended by state, district, and/or community authorities.
• All enhanced safety and sanitization efforts will remain in place for face-to-face instruction.
The remote learning agreements for all T-U schools may be accessed below. If you have additional questions, you may contact your school principal or the T-U district office at 706-647-9621. *Please note that there is no longer an application/application period. The parent's/guardian's electronic signature on the remote learning agreement confirms their student's spot in remote learning through the first 9-weeks for grades K-8 and through the first semester for grades 9-12.
Links to Remote Learning Agreements:
Upson-Lee Primary School Remote Learning Agreement
Upson-Lee Elementary School Remote Learning Agreement
Upson-Lee Middle School Remote Learning Agreement
Upson-Lee High School Remote Learning Agreement
PUBLIC NOTICE OF BUDGET HEARING
The Thomaston - Upson Board of Education will be holding two public hearings for the purpose of providing an opportunity for public input on its tentative annual operating budget for the 2020 – 2021 school year. The meetings are scheduled for Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. and Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. Both of these meetings will be held at the Thomaston –Upson Board of Education, 205 Civic Center Drive, Thomaston, GA 30286. Budget documents can be viewed at the links below or at the offices of the Thomaston-Upson Board of Education during operating hours.
- FY2021 General Fund Budget Discussion 07 17 20.pdf
- FY21 General Fund Budget 07 22 20.pdf
- TUBOE All Funds Budget for advertisement 07 17 20.pdf
Coronavirus Information for TU Stakeholders
Additional information is available at the Georgia Department of Public Health. Thank you for your support and for helping to keep our schools safe!
Welcome to Thomaston-Upson Schools
In 1990, the community voted to consolidate the Thomaston City and Upson County School Systems creating one system that would serve all students within Thomaston and Upson County. The Thomaston-Upson School System opened its doors at the beginning of the 1992-1993 school year. With a little more than 4,100 students in grades PK-12, the Thomaston-Upson School System is small enough to maintain a friendly and safe environment while offering students an array of resources and opportunities often found in only the larger school systems. The Thomaston-Upson School System enjoys a strong connection with the community and views this as crucial to the long-term success of our schools. We encourage students to form bonds with local individuals and groups through community service and community involvement. Our employees are active in local civic organizations and volunteer their time for community events. The unity of school and community enriches our students’ and employees’ lives, improves our schools’ environments, and ultimately creates a community where young people can thrive. Together, our schools and community are working to fulfill the mission of Thomaston-Upson Schools, which is Excellence in education. . .every individual, every day.
Mrs. Hall is 2020-21 District Teacher of the Year
K-12 Online Registration Option
All K-12 registration for new students or for students who left and are now returning to the T-U Schools should be completed online. Please visit the Student Information page for further guidance.
Infinite Campus Mobile Apps
Parents & Students: Infinite Campus (IC) has released two new mobile apps, Campus Student, and Campus Parent. Both apps allow for enhanced features and have a new look designed specifically for students or parents, depending on the app. All students and parents are encouraged to download these new apps through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. The mobile apps provide real-time access to grades, assignments, attendance, schedules, announcements, and more. If you are a Thomaston-Upson Parent or Student having issues accessing the parent/student portal, please contact your/your child's school.